Volcanoes Safaris Bwindi Lodge, Uganda Fact Sheet
- 8 newly renovated luxury bandas + 1 new deluxe banda (opened June 2019). All rooms offer spectacular views of the forest. No guide/tour leader rooms available at the
- All rooms are complete with en-suite bathrooms with flushing toilet, double vanity and shower with hot & cold running
- Terrace overlooking the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest with scenic panoramic
- Personal butler service for all
- New Humula Forest Spa. One 30-minute complimentary massage per guest per stay. Extra massages are available at extra
- Full board accommodation including all soft drinks and house alcoholic beverages (excludes premium drinks). Local food tasting at Bwindi Bar.
- Complimentary laundry
- Power sockets/charging facilities and hair dryer in the rooms. No air
- Wi-Fi and internet access available in the main lodge only (connection can be slow).
Safari & Lodge Activities
- Gorilla tracking (exclusive gorilla tracking available).
- Visit the award-winning Bwindi
- Take a tour around the tea
- Take a walk to the river below the
- Munyanga River
- Rushurra Hill/Border
- Muzabajirro Loop
- Visit Bwindi Community
- Visit Conservation Through Public Health headquarters (Dr. Gladys Kalema’s laboratory).
Getting to the Lodge
- From Entebbe: 1-hour
- From Mount Gahinga Lodge (Kisoro): 15- minute flight or a 4-hour walk through the forest + 2-hour
- From Kyambura Gorge Lodge (Kasese): 15- minute flight or a 6-hour drive through Queen Elizabeth National
Seasons & Climate
- Average daytime temperatures: 15-27 celsius, at night: 7-17 celsius.
- Uganda is located on the Equator and is an all- year- round destination. High season: 15 Dec – 28 Feb / 1 Jun – 30 Sep. Low season: 1 Oct – 14 Dec / 1 Mar – 31
- Lodge altitude: 1,475m. GPS coordinates: 9835° S, 29.6174° E.
- Visa and MasterCard accepted at the lodge. Cash payments in US dollars and Ug shillings
- Gratuities are at the discretion of the guest. For VS staff and guides we suggest $3-5 or more per day. For park guides $5-10 and for trackers $15 per guest.
- Children under 15 years of age are not permitted to track the gorillas. They are very welcome at the lodge, but please be advised we do not have childcare
- Check out time for all guests is 11am on the day of