On land, the snow leopards await in India, whilst at sea you can swim with whale sharks in the balmy waters of the Philippines. Spectacular birdlife in Japan, to the spectacle of millions of monarch butterflies taking flight in Mexico.
Top Wildlife Tip:
In India you have the largest population of Bengal tiger. This beautiful orange and black stripes of the tiger can be seen exploring the mangroves and jungles of the National parks, where you will undoubtedly get some fantastic, and unique, photo opportunities. The best months to explore the area are between November and March, but the winter months around February offer the most comfortable temperatures.
Sri Lanka’s Udawalawe National Park is home to large herds of the elephant. The park is not only one of the best places to spot elephant in the wild, but it also has a care centre, where orphaned elephant are nursed before being released back into the park.
Best February destinations for wildlife watching
- Whales and dolphins in Baja California, Mexico
- Snow leopard, Ladakh, India
- Leatherback and loggerhead turtles lay their eggs, South Africa
- Tiger viewing, India
- Monarch butterfly spectacular in Michoacán, Central Mexico
- Whale sharks, Philippines
- Elephants, Sri Lanka
- Penguin colonies, Antarctica
- Red Crowned cranes in Hokkaido, Japan
- Robins in mid-flight, UK
- Galápagos (see what is happening month by month on the islands)
- Africa (see what is happening month by month on this continent)